Steven Kasten (Steve) was born in Baltimore, Maryland and moved to California with his parents when he was ten years old. Steve grew up in Sherman Oaks and Santa Monica. He attended Santa Monica High School, Santa Monica City College, Pierce College and California State University, Northridge (extension). Steve studied Business and Real Estate. Steve first worked in his family’s business of retail discount stores. In 1982 Steve opened his office in Lincoln Heights for Real Estate Investments. In 1984 he opened his office, Steven Kasten Realty, Inc. Today both businesses share an office at 2718 North Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031. Steve is active in his business and in the community.
- President of the Lincoln Heights Benefit Association of Los Angeles (BID), President ten years through 2018
- Vice President of the Hollenbeck Police Business Association
- Board Member of the Los Angeles Boys and Girls Club
Previous Organizations and Awards:
- Lincoln Heights Benefit Association of Los Angeles (BID), President ten years through 2018 Elected in 2019 as the President of a new five year BID
- Lincoln Heights Chamber of Commerce Board Member for approximately thirty years until 2014 when he left the Board as its President
- Man of the Year, Presented by the Lincoln Heights Chamber of Commerce, March 5, 2013
- Los Angeles Police Historical Society – One of the early Board Members Chairman of the Board 1997 – 2002
- White Memorial Medical Center Governing Board Member approximately three years through 1999.
- White Memorial Medical Center Foundation – Board Member, 1989 until 1999 Chairman of the Board approximately four years through 1999
- Hollenbeck Youth Center Board of Directors – Member of the Board, 1984, Second Vice President, 1985, First Vice President, 1986 – 1989, President, 1989 – 1991
- Honorary Mayor of Lincoln Heights – 1982 – 1984 and 1990 – 1991
- Bilingual Foundation of the Arts – Member of the Board of Directors 1985 – 1987
- Lincoln Heights Optimist Club – 1981 – 1985, First Vice President, 1985 President, 1986 Chairman of the Board
- Businessman of the Year, Boyle Heights 1982. Presented by the Boyle Heights Chamber of Commerce
Steve is married to Rochelle and they have two children and two grandchildren. His hobbies are business and travel when time permits.